About Judy C. Zheng
Ms. Judy C. Zheng (Xiajuan Zheng, and known to her friends as Cameron) was born in the Guangdong province of China. She found her enthusiasm for painting when she was very young, and she is now skilled at oil painting, printmaking, lacquer painting, and more.
In 1988, Ms. Zheng graduated from the Guangzhou Academy of Fine Arts with a bachelor’s degree, and she was appointed to Guangdong TV station as an art director thereafter. Apart from working, she continued to take part-time painting courses in university.
In 1999, Ms. Zheng completed the advanced research programme in oil painting at the Guangzhou Academy of Fine Arts, and a second advanced research programme in lacquer painting at the Chinese Artists Association in 2007.
In 2014, she emigrated to Canada and continued to pursue advance studies in both painting and English in Toronto. “One’s lifetime is limited, but the pursuit of art is not.”
Now, Ms. Zheng is a member of the Chinese Business Culture Research Association, the EUREKA International Artists Association of Canada, and the Canadian Artists Delegation. She is a member of the Canadian Oil Painting Society, the Guangdong Artists Association, and the Guangzhou Artists Association of Oil Paintings and Prints.
What others say
Testimonials are coming soon. Please stay tuned for updates. We are regularly updating this website to bring you the latest work from Judy Zheng.
- October 2018, Toronto, CanadaMaple World: First North American Art International Exhibition
- June 2018, Guadeloupe Convention and Exhibition Center, FranceThe oil painting “The Collection of Xiguan Style” participated in the “Pool Art Fair Guadeloupe of France”
- June 2018, Chinese Cultural Center, Toronto, Canada“When the East Meets the West”, Canada-China International Art Exchange Exhibition
- March 2018, Lingnan Art Museum, Dongguan, China“Diversity-Integration” Belt and Road All-China Art Exchange Exhibition
- March 2018, Art Museum of South Village, Jiangmen, GuangdongDifferent-Shared--China-Canada Art Exchange Exhibition
- February 2018, FranceThe oil painting “Grow with Us” represented a member of the Canadian Artists Delegation to participate in the French Independent Art Salon.
- November 2017, Chinese Cultural Center, Toronto, Canada“Sharing Love and Impressions: Celebrating Canada's 150th Anniversary Art Exhibition”
- February 2017, International Art Exhibition / Grand Palais, Paris, FranceThe oil painting “Apocalypse-Cognition” represented a member of the Canadian Artists Delegation at the French Art Gallery of Fine Arts “Paris Art Capital”
- November 2016, Toronto, CanadaThree oil paintings were selected for the Mill Port Gallery Artists Exhibition
- November 2015, International Art Exhibition / Grand Palais in Paris, FranceThe oil painting “Forbidden Fruit” represented the members of the Canadian Artists Delegation at the French Art Gallery of Fine Arts “Paris Art Capital”.
- November 2015, Chinese Culture Center, Toronto, CanadaThe Chinese painting “Sunflower” was selected as the Canadian International Chinese Painting and Calligraphy Exhibition.
- September 2013, Beijing Songzhuang Art MuseumChina Songzhuang Artists Cluster “Our 1993-2013” 20th Anniversary Special Exhibition
- July 2013, MacauZhanao Painting and Calligraphy Art and Culture Works Exchange Exhibition
- January 2013, Los Angeles Art Expo CenterOil Painting “2013 Los Angeles Art Fair”
- September 2012, Beijing Songzhuang Art FestivalBeijing Songzhuang National Defense Art District
- June 2012, Guangzhou Meilin Art MuseumThe First China Contemporary Art Yearbook Exhibition
- January 2012, Guangzhou Xiaozhou Art District Exhibition CenterThe fifth round of the Chinese Oil Painting Club - Conghua Liuxi River Sketch Exhibition
- November 2011, Guangzhou International Art SalonZheng Xiajuan Art Exhibition Second
- July 2011, Guangzhou Cultural PalaceThe print “Flying Pigeons” was selected in the 5th Guangzhou Printmaking Exhibition and won the Bronze Award.
- June 2011, Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition CenterOil painting “I want to fly!” selected in the 16th Shenzhen Cultural Fair
- May 2011, Guangzhou Merrill Art MuseumThe oil painting “Looking at the Dream”, lacquer painting “Forbidden” selected in the 2011 China Contemporary Art Yearbook Exhibition
- December 2010, Guangzhou Baiyun International Convention CenterOil paintings and pottery works participated in the 15th Guangzhou International Art Fair 2010
- May 2010, Guangzhou Taigu CangThe oil painting “Woman Wearing New Shoes” and “Chuan” were selected as “Visions - 2010 Guangzhou Taigu Cang Contemporary Art Exhibition”.
- March 2010, GermanySix prints were selected for the German “Red Rock” German-Chinese Art Exhibition/Ban Hunburg/Overseas Collection
- December 2009, Dongguan Qifeng Art MuseumThe lacquer painting “Forbidden Fruit” was selected as Lingnan Lacquer Art World Tour Exhibition
- November 2009, Guangzhou International Art Space StationA number of oil paintings participated in the “Glory. Bloom” four-person exhibition.
- September 2009, Germany Frankfurt City HallThe lacquer painting “Forbidden Fruit” was selected in the “painted” theme in Frankfurt - Sino-German Art Exchange Exhibition.
- August 2009, Guangzhou Archives CollectionThe printmaking work “Hope” was selected as Guangzhou Painting and Calligraphy Exhibition to Celebrate the 60th Anniversary of the Founding of New China, won the Bronze Award, Guangdong Painting Institute Nanxinge
- August 2009, Guangzhou International Art SalonThe first personal oil painting exhibition Zheng Xiajuan Art Exhibition
- May 2009, Guangzhou Academy of Fine Arts MuseumThe lacquer painting “Forbidden Fruit” was selected as “Cai Kezhen’s Sixty Years of Art/National Lacquer Painting Invitation Exhibition”
- June 2009, Haizhu District Mass Art MuseumThe lacquer painting “Forbidden Fruit” was selected as China Lingnan Lacquer Invitational Exhibition
- March 2009, Guangzhou International Art Space StationA number of works participated in the first exhibition of Contemporary Women Artists Invitational Exhibition “Spread”.
- 2008, Guangzhou Xinyi MuseumThe lacquer painting “Forbidden Fruit” was selected as “Painting and Lingnan” Guangdong 2008 lacquer painting invitation exhibition.
- September 2008, Overseas Collection, Austin, USAFive oil paintings were selected for the ’08 American Contemporary Artists Invitational Exhibition.
- June 2008, Shunde Deyi Art GalleryA number of oil paintings participated in the “Glory”, the third round of the Guangdong Li Zan Natural Oil Painting Landscape Research Association.
- June 2008, Guangdong Art Museum, China National Museum CollectionShe participated in the large-scale epic oil paintings of the earthquake relief work created by 123 painters in Guangzhou, “Ground, Rebirth” and “5.12 Expressions” Exhibition.
- 2008, Guangzhou Xinyi MuseumThe watermark woodcut “Blessing 08.5.12” was selected as the 4th Printmaking Exhibition of Guangzhou
- January 2007, Guangzhou Cultural Park Art MuseumThe watermark woodcut “Bath” was selected as the 3rd edition of Guangzhou City and won the Silver award.
- October 2007, Lingnan Oil Painting Research BaseThe oil painting “The Past of Childhood” was selected as “the first Chinese Lingnan oil painting (Suigang) small-scale fine works”.
- September 2006,A number of oil paintings participated in the “Three Hearts and One Heart” exhibition. / “Hey. Gallery” / “Garlands under the Mountain” gallery collection.
- November 2006, Guangdong Art Museum CollectionA number of oil paintings participated in the “Italian 1/2 Space” Six-person Painting Exhibition/Guangdong Art Museum Branch/one of the oil paintings “Eden Garden”
- October 2006, University City Art MuseumThe oil painting “Soul” was selected for the Chinese Lingnan oil painting “Spring Sunshine” oil painting
- November 2006, Guangzhou Art MuseumThe printmaking work “Shanghai” was selected as 2006 Guangzhou Art Exhibition
- December 2006, Guangdong Provincial MuseumThe oil painting “Soul” was selected as China Lingnan Oil Painting 2006 Contemporary Boutique Invitational Exhibition
- December 2006, Guangdong Painting Institute Nanxing PavilionThe oil painting “Summer” was selected for the exhibition of “Poetry, Painting and Rhyme”.
- September 2005, Guangzhou LibraryThe watermark woodcut “Idol”, the lithograph “Tibet Picking up a Large Land” was selected as the Second Edition of Guangzhou City Printmaking Exhibition, in which “Tibet Picking up a Land” won the Excellence Award.
- 1997,The oil painting “Scent of Soul” and “The Season of Ripening of Pingguo” were selected into the national “Haiyun Huai” oil painting exhibition, in which the oil painting “Scent of the Soul” won the gold medal / Huizhou “Rhyme” Gallery / 2 private collections.
- 1991, Guangdong Academy of PaintingThe work participated in the “Ten Day Exhibition” of the Xinghe Exhibition.
- 1989, Guangdong Art MuseumThe oil painting “The Music of the Dragon” and the watermark woodcut “Idol” were selected into the Guangdong Province 89 Years Art Exhibition.
- 1987, Guangzhou Academy of Fine Arts MuseumThe lithograph “Spring Eternal” was selected as National Three-Dimensional Print Exhibition.