Oil painter, printmaker, lacquer painter
Judy Zheng (Xiajuan Zheng) is an artist who specializes in oil painting, printmaking, and lacquer painting. A native of Guangzhou, China, she now resides in Toronto, Canada.
Passionate only in spring
Oil on canvas, 300 × 155 cm, 2023
This painting took me more than 3 years to paint color . In 2 years , more than 300 sketches and sketches of women's bodies were collected and sorted , and 100 different styles were selected and painted on this oil painting.
I want to make the picture full of vitality through the scenes designed by 100 female bodies with different skin colors and shapes. It interprets that water is the survival, inheritance and development of living beings. We are human beings in the same global village, and we must protect it. It means that women are equal to men, and women can also go out, enjoy life, and live in the present. When yin and yang are balanced, the world will be peaceful and human beings can survive and develop sustainably.
New interview on WowTV!
Judy C. Zheng
Judy C. Zheng (Xiajuan Zheng), native of Guangdong.
Zheng has been painting for more than 40 years. Some highlights of her education and studies include:
- Receiving Bachelor of Arts degree at the Guangzhou Academy of Fine Arts (Printmaking Department) in 1988;
- Advanced research at the Guangzhou Academy of Fine Arts (Oil Painting Department) under renown Chinese realist painters Guo Runwen, Xu Weixin and Xie Chuyu from 1998 to 1999;
- Participation in the third national lacquer painting advanced research class sponsored by the Chinese Artists Association Lacquer Painting Art Committee in 2007;
Zheng is involved in a number of organizations including:
- Overseas Chinese Artists Association;
- Overseas Chinese Female Artists Association (member);
- Guangdong Artists Association (member);
- Chinese Commercial Culture Research Association (member);
- Guangdong Female Artists Association (director);
- Guangdong Film and Television Artists Association (member);
- Guangzhou Artists Association (printmaker);
- Oil Painting Art Committee (member);
- Canadian Oil Painting Society (member);
- Canada Eureka International Art Organization (member);
- Canadian International Artists Delegation (member);
- Sanhe International Art Salon (Canada) (owner and art director);
Her works can be found in the collections of The Chinese Cultural Center in Toronto, Ontario, Canada; The National Museum of China; The Guangdong Museum of Art; The Guangzhou Archives Bureau and in private collections internationally. She has exhibited in United States, Germany, France, Canada, Macau and China and has been recognized by winning numerous gold, silver, bronze and excellence awards including;
- 2018 Gold Award for Excellence in Creativity issued by the Canadian Federal Government;
- 2015, 2017, 2018 and 2023 won the “Art Creativity Special Award and Colour Special Award (North America”) three times from the “Art Capital” international art exhibition hosted by the French Independent Art Salon in the Grand Palais in Paris, France;
Zheng moved to Toronto, Ontario, Canada in 2014 where she continues to reside.
What others say
Testimonials are coming soon. Please stay tuned for updates. We are regularly updating this website to bring you the latest work from Judy Zheng.